Preparation checklist for visiting iba
- Download free iba app with map of the trade fair grounds and exhibition halls. For those who prefer a hard copy, the iba trade catalogue will be available at the trade fair, as well as the artisan handicraft guide and the SnackGuide.
Pack laptop, netbook, iPad, smartphone and necessary chargers, pens, notebooks, business cards, and name badge. Free WiFi access will be available at the trade fair.
- Guarantee best ticket price by buying online. Vouchers can also be redeemed here.
- Reserve ticket(s) for the iba summit to listen to top international speakers.
Plan your trip
- Book accommodation from a choice of hotels.
- Organise travel, taking advantage of the best offers on the iba website.
- Gather together travel documents for the train, bus, or flight: a shuttle bus is available from the airport directly to the trade fair grounds, and from the train station it is only a 20-minute ride to the iba on the underground line U2 (disembarking at Messestadt West or Messestadt Ost).
Before iba 2018
- Identify relevant exhibitors, brands, products, and addresses in advance in the online catalogue, as well as bookmarking favourites and arranging appointments.
- Work out how best to get from one exhibitor to the next and plan a route through the exhibition halls.
- Find out about the programme and offers at COFFEE WORLD, as well as workshops at the SnackTrendS special exhibition.
- Find out about seminars at the baking academy in Lochham.
- Plan to attend fascinating presentations and expert demonstrations at the iba forum, as well as a detour to see competitions like the iba UIBC CUP "Bakers" and "Confectioners", or the German Championship of Master Bakers.
Do not forget:
- Pack a camera. A city map of Munich is available for free at the trade fair!
- Pack appropriate clothing and (comfortable) shoes.
The most important at the end:
- Do not forget your Dirndl or Lederhosen for an evening in the iba Oktoberfest tent!